Financial results

Zillow enticed Samuelson with $5 mil stock bonus, reports Inman

The following is reprinted, with permission, from Inman News $5M in Zillow stock another motivation for Errol Samuelson to leave Move Stock grant will fully vest in 4 years  When Errol Samuelson, Move Inc.’s former chief strategy officer, departed for Zillow last month, he said he was drawn to the company’s innovative culture and the chance to connect with a large consumer...

Read More

How Germany’s top classifieds stack up against each other

The search for reliable statistics on the classifieds industry is an ongoing one – and a global one. Since few classified players are listed (yet), and competition is tough in many countries, financial performance numbers (such as revenue, EBITDA margins, profit etc.) are especially difficult to get hold of. In Germany the stats provider Statista recently completed valuable research in this...

Read More

TrueCar files intent for IPO

In a notice shared by founder Scott Painter via tweet, TrueCar announced its intent for initial public offering (IPO). According to Automotive News, this IPO, if completed, would represent a remarkable turnaround for the once-struggling auto valuation firm.  More than 1 million vehicles have been purchased from TrueCar dealers, many through affiliate organizations such as AAA and USAA. Last...

Read More

Agents’ interests more important than profits, says new Funda CEO

Mark Duijndam, new CEO of Funda.nl, by far the largest Dutch real estate portal, said the interests of its members (real estate agents) will weigh heavier than site profits in future, Dutch media reported. Launched in 2007, Funda.nl is owned by the Dutch Association of Real Estate Brokers (de Nederlandse Vereniging van Makelaars, or NVM), and gives NVM members (2,836 agents in total),...

Read More

It’s official – Apartments.com belongs to CoStar, not CV

As of  April 1, Classified Ventures no longer owns Apartments.com, and with Cars.com up for sale (See CIR 15.05, March 13,) it might not be long before there IS no Classified Ventures. Here’s the announcement: Classified Ventures, LLC Announces Close of Apartments.com Sale to CoStar Group, Inc. CHICAGO, April 1, 2014 /PRNewswire/ – Classified Ventures, LLC (“CV”), a...

Read More

Graham Holdings to bid on Cars.com?

In its 2013 annual earnings report, Graham Holdings Company announced a net income of $236 million, though its $95 million windfall from the March, 2014 sale of Apartments.com is not included, of course.  Graham Holdings also owns 3 percent of Cars.com,  and a bid for the other 97 percent might be under consideration. Acquisitions of other properties are clearly a possibility as...

Read More