We’re looking for reporter / analysts
We’re expanding — and we’re looking for at least four new reporter / analysts to supplement our current team.
We need help in:
- Latin America
- Southeast Asia
Reporter / analysts for Classified Intelligence Report and the Advanced Interactive Media Group work part-time, on a freelance / contract basis, at their own pace. We establish expectations of volume — how many articles and briefs per month, for example — and frequently assign articles and projects with specific deadlines.
Most articles are assigned by our regional director or editorial director, although regular contributors are expected to establish personal / regional “beats” and follow specific companies, trends or businesses. Companies we follow are typically involved in the publication of classified advertising online or in print, or provide the technology and tools for publishing. We also follow companies involved in social media; mobile publication of local advertising, “daily deals,” and more.
In addition to reportage for AIMGroup.com / Classified Intelligence Report, we often use our writer / analysts to contribute to consulting projects that we have taken on for clients. Sometimes this research is published; sometimes it is proprietary.
Ideal candidates will have:
- experience working in journalism, either print, broadcast or online, as reporters, editors, bloggers, etc.
- an understanding of the business aspects of traditional and digital media
- another part-time or full-time position, but have flexible availability to complete assignments from the AIM Group and Classified Intelligence Report as mutually agreed
- a strong command of written and spoken English, and additional language(s) as appropriate to their markets
- strong familiarity with digital media, including trends and structures
Most candidates will be asked to work for us on a limited or trial basis before being offered a contract. However, all reporter / analysts must sign a rights agreement before submitting any work in order to be paid.
For more information or to apply, e-mail Peter M. Zollman, founding principal — email@example.com. In the body of your email, include a cover letter, a resume or CV, and links to material you have written that is available online. Do NOT attach material to your email. That may put it into our spam folders.
* * * *
The AIM Group (http://aimgroup.com) is the world’s leading consultancy in the field of interactive media and classified advertising. It publishes Classified Intelligence Report, long considered “the bible of the classified advertising industry.”