Dutch De Persgroep and Telegraaf Media Groep (TMG) have announced the launch of Automotive MediaInventions — a joint venture between Gaspedaal.nl (TMG) and Autotrack.nl (De Persgroep). De Persgroep will hold 51% of the shares, TMG the other 49%.

Sander van den Hout

With more than 12 million combined monthly views Gaspedaal and Autotrack are already two of the largest Dutch auto sites. Gaspedaal focuses traditional classified listings while Autotrack offers additional checks and information on listed vehicles. Together, they’ll create a one-stop-shop for car consumers.

Automotive MediaInventions will be led by De Persgroep’s Sander van den Hout (LinkedIn profile) who has more than 20 years of experience in the automotive industry. “I see this as a historic partnership, which is actually a logical step seeing where we are today,” he said. “The combined knowledge Gaspedaal and Autotrack have of the market, the strong brands both websites are and the connection with news media offer us a unique position in the Dutch playing field.”

TMG Digital director Nienke Visser agrees. “By combining our activities we now have the most complete offer. In this present day, this means the consumer can keep looking for their next car via Gaspedaal or Autotrack. But our ambition is to aid the Dutch consumer in making the right choices in mobility, now and in the future”

The joint venture will be completed by early next month.

Related Articles