The 2019 edition of International Classifieds Marketplace Conference was held at Budapest on May 17-18. The event gathered 128 attendees and 68 companies from 23 countries who shared their experience during two days of dedicated plenary sessions, panels, and debates.
The first day of the conference was packed with presentations by executives from several classified companies, including:
- Géza Palocsay (LinkedIn profile), general manager at Adevinta Hungary, who spoke on how to become successful (and make money) in the vertical categories as a generalist classified player;
- Anurag Jain (LinkedIn profile), global product management vice president at OLX Group, who told attendees how to leverage consumer research and insights to solve customers problems;
- Eugen B. Russ (LinkedIn profile), managing director at Russmedia, who shared how Russmedia’s portfolio companies play an A-level game by enabling know-how sharing;
- Dušica Vilov, corporate development coordinator at Infostud, who spoke about how to build an ecosystem around a job board to create value for customers and clients;
- and Eric Finnas Dahlstrom, CEO at JamesEdition.com, who shared how to build and grow a marketplace, based on experience from both Avito and JamesEdition.
Day 2 of the conference started with a presentation of ICMA’s survey results on the state of the general classified industry. This was followed by a case study session on how Croatia’s market-leading horizontal Njuskalo works with security company Radware to stop bots and increase the number of unique advertisements and overall consumer experience.
The conference ended with workshops and an innovation contest as well as with two other presentations. They were given by:
- Zoltan Kalmar (LinkedIn profile), CSO at Ingatlan.com, who spoke on how his site has reached the No.1 position in Hungary;
- and Jeroen Arts (LinkedIn profile), an early-stage marketplace investor at Speedinvest, who shared his views on how new marketplace models form a new reality for investors.
The next ICMA conference will be in Istanbul in October 2019. Registrations open soon at icmaonline.org.