Rental portal SpotAHome.com continues its recruitment spree with the appointment of Eduardo Garbayo as director general for Spain. Garbayo joins from BBVA bank, where he was strategy director for its new digital business unit.
Garbayo (LinkedIn profile) was at BBVA for three years. Prior to that he was director of strategy, program and process for property firm Eagle Hills in the United Arab Emirates for a year and a half, following five years as a project leader for the Boston Consulting Group, in the UAE.
He is the first of the company’s recent hires, which include former Amazon exec Balaji Nageswaran, ex-Uber operations director Cleo Sham and, most recently, TripAdvisor VP Amanda Symonds, to be based in the Madrid headquarters. The rest of the executive team works out of SpotAHome’s London office.
One of Garbayo’s first duties at SpotAHome is hiring a marketing manager for Spain. The long list of desired skills includes:
- 5 years of marketing experience as a generalist and/or focused on operational marketing
- Experience working with SEO and Content Marketing teams to build out a diverse back-link profile
- Experience identifying and negotiating new local affiliate partnerships and working with centralised affiliate manager to push live. Account management of existing local partnerships constantly looking for opportunities to optimise
- Experience with CRM tools and direct mail campaigns
- Experience working with local PR agencies
- Experience in a company that has the following marketing functions run centrally: SEO, CRM, Performance Marketing and Brand. The ability to inform and adapt centralised strategy to fit the local market.
The successful candidate will join a growing team of 270 people from over 30 different nationalities.
In addition to hiring Garbayo, SpotAHome is recruiting directors for its other regions: Portugal, the United Kingdom, France, Italy and Germany. The job ads on LinkedIn are marked “no longer accepting applications” but no names have yet been announced.