OLX-Brazil, the leading Brazil-based horizontal, has launched a delivery product in partnership with the country’s state-run mail company, Correios. OLX-Brazil is owned by Prosus and Adevinta.

Alongside the recent announcement of OLX Pay, the new delivery service makes OLX-Brazil a more competitive transactional marketplace.

MercadoLibre, which also owns several leading classified verticals in Latin America, has offered payment and delivery products for quite some time with its MercadoPago (payments) and MercadoEnvios (delivery) products. It even offers loans to help sellers with their cash flow.

About 18% of MercadoLibre sellers are “hobby sellers,” a category that includes c-to-c commerce and used goods sellers. The other 82% is made up of official stores, including brands and large retailers, large sellers, and other small and medium-sized sellers.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Related Articles